Character Creation or Re-Creation Guidelines
The guidelines listed below are the regulations used to make a character withing the Serpent’s Skull Campaign. Please follow these guidelines while initially making a character, or should you have to build a new character during the course of the Campaign.
- All characters are created on the 20 point Attribute purchasing guidelines.
- The Gunslinger class has been banned from this adventure campaign.
- You are allowed to choose two traits from all of the traits available within the main book, as well as from the Campaign Specific Traits. If selecting from the Campaign traits, you may only select one trait corresponding to a boarding dock of the Jenivere, as you cannot have boarded in two separate places. For new characters, you may still select a single point of origin, if you wish.
- At the beginning of the game, all characters will be granted 2000 XP, placing them immediately at level 2. New characters will be built at the XP value of the player creating them, at time of creation. Any new players to the group will be granted XP to catch them up to the group’s level as though they had not missed attendance for any sessions.
- Beginning characters are allow to have 1000 GP, or the equivocal equipment or gear as they wish to purchase. You may only begin the game with a single minor magical item, should you wish to purchase one. New characters will be granted equivocal money corresponding to when they join the game.
- For Hit Dice when leveling up, a player must choose at the creation of their character if they would like to roll the dice for HP gained, or take the average of the Die provided (before applying Con bonus HP). For instance, if your class provides a d6 Hit Die, you may choose at creation to roll the die every level, or to take a base of 3 every level. If you have already run a character with one option, and are creating a new character, you may again choose for the new character.